Mac Fix+:Worth the Hype and DIY setting spray

Mac Fix+ buy here



I feel like I'm a little late on the Mac Fix+ craziness,but you know what they say,better late than never.!!I know that there are a lot of fixing/setting sprays or primer sprays,but I believe that Fix+ was the one that made all the others to follow(correct me if I'm wrong).So I bought the Fix+ a few months back and I use it for various reasons.
  1. On my kabuki brush to blend foundation/concealer,if I won't use my sponge.
  2. To set my powders,not to look cakey(after that I apply my mascara because I've learnt from my mistakes-lower lashes-).
  3. I spray my brush before I apply my highlighter and/or an eyeshadow that I want to make it more pigmented and make it pop.
  4. Sometimes I spray it before to feel more moisture on my skin,but I feel like it stays on the surface.


But let me get to the point is it worth the hype?
No I don't think it's worth it,because for one you can easily make your own setting spray,because I won't give again((12E/$13),I bought it on sales,it costs(17E/$19)),for something that it's not really special and by putting it on I don't see a difference.I can't speak for all the setting sprays out there,because it's the only one that I've tried,so it's not my overall opinion about setting sprays,it's only about Fix+.If you've found the perfect or almost perfect setting spray,please let me know.For now I have Fix+,but when it'll finish I will make my own DYI setting spray,recipe below.

What the official site of Mac says about Fix+.:

Full Description:
A light water mist of water packed with vitamins and minerals,infused with a blend of green tea,chamomile and cucumber to gently soothe and refresh the skin.Gives an instant boost of hydration while delivering a soft sheen to refresh and finish makeup.

Key Claims and Benefits:
  • Soothes and Refreshes Skin                                                                                                    
  • Hydrating                                                                                                                                  
  • Dermatologist tested                                                                                                                   
  • Ophtmalmologist tested                                                                                                                
  • Non-acnegenic                                                                                                                                
Usage:
  • Hold bottle 12 inches away from face and spray evenly.                                                                
  • Use alone or to finish makeup.                                                                                                        
                                                                                  

                                              
DIY Setting Spray

You'll need:



  • Fill spray bottle 1/10 of the way with glycerin.                                                                              
  • Fill the rest of the bottle with water.                                                                                               
  • Put cap on and turn bottle upside down.                                                                                         
  • Shake up bottle.                                                                                                                               
  • Spray lighty on face from an arm's length away.                                                                                                                       
Another option is to put Rosewater in a spray bottle,(read previous post).





Good Luck.!









xoxo
Fay

Σχόλια

  1. Excellent good job ! I love fix+
    And I try to creat my homemade fix+
    Thx for your help foto!
    Xoxo....

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. Αυτό το σχόλιο αφαιρέθηκε από έναν διαχειριστή ιστολογίου.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. You're not late to the party as I have never used Mac Fix+ and have no plan to ever purchase it either. Haha! With the amount of makeup that I use on myself, I don't think it's necessary at all.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
    Απαντήσεις
    1. To each on their own Shireen and I'm happy that I'm not the only one.
      xoxo
      Fay

      Διαγραφή
  4. I have never used a setting spray but will have to try and make my own! Thanks for sharing x

    www.bisoushollyolivia.co.uk

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  5. I love the homemade DIY! Such a great idea.

    Xo,
    Miki
    http://mikialamode.com

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  6. thank you for sharing the DIY :) currently I have a cheap setting spray, and it works amazing :)
    http://www.youtube.com/c/MissLovelyAttitude
    http://lovelyattitude.com

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  7. Oh lovely! Will have to test it out.

    Stephanie | www.stephykeung.com

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  8. I hadn't realised setting sprays had so many helpful uses! I agree the price seems a little steep if it doesn't perform how you'd like it to - though I love how you've considering to do a DIY spray; I'd be interested to hear how that goes! :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  9. Thank for the honest review babe! I always wondered about setting sprays and now I can try to make my own!

    xoxo
    Rina
    http://www.andshedressed.com

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις

Desi Perkins